Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another "updates"

Firstly, the updates.

The Apple Wine mentioned before has been "restarted", unfortunately the restarting hasn't worked. Though this might actually be because I just re hydrated the yeast and "chucked it in". Apparently there is a problem with this approach. I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna get the instructions that were posted for me at the "wines at home" site and follow them religiously - I'm feeling a little ambivalent about this brew so whether I try something else (see below) or not is something I'm mulling over.

The "Barshack Ginger Mead" brew I made seems to have finished fermenting. I haven't tasted it yet, but I was thinking whether I might have to add some more ginger as I like the hot ginger flavour obtained from commercially made ginger wines and a bit more honey - this'd be mainly because when I give the base must a taste, it seemed a little "watery" or thin in flavour. I'll see when I get 5 minutes to do something with it.

The Joe Mattioli's Ancient Orange and Spice Mead recipe I made also seems to have finished the ferment, though when I checked it the other day the fruit was still floating at the top, I'm going to wait until it's sunken to the bottom of the brewing container before I think about racking it off.

No comments: