Sunday, April 05, 2009

More on the "master plan".......

So, further to yesterdays post, I've check both musts i.e. the Orange Blossom honey one and the Lavender Honey one.

The Orange Blossom one gave me a gravity of 1090 and 3.82 pH, the Lavender one was a gravity of 1094 and a pH of 4.08

Both have been treated with 1 tsp of the 2 parts Malic/1 part Tartaric acid mix. I also decided to stick with what I know and I added 1.5 tsp (7.5gr) of tronozymol to both musts and I just rehydrated 2 packs of 71B in water for about 15 minutes at just below 40 degrees C.

Obviously it should be a day or so before I see any action but they're now under airlock. I'll try and see if I can aerate at least once a day, but if I don't then I don't really expect any problems as the gravity isn't too high that I need to concentrate on being to punctilious about that. I'm not aiming to try and boost alcohol levels etc.


No comments: