Sunday, July 25, 2010

More Treasure (4/7/10) - Mareks suggestion........

Thanks for the idea about making a Trójniak instead of the Czwórniak Marek, I'll look into that and try and understand what it entails.


It's just that from reading the descriptions for the Czwórniak, it looked easier for a first attempt than the Trójniak, but I'll certainly check to see what the difference is (apart from the honey/water ratio). I'd only be making a gallon batch as it, to me, is very much an experiment.

It may even come down to having to working within the contraints of how much honey is needed, because I was considering making a 5 gallon batch of a traditional recipe, which is feasible using about 3 and 1/2 lb of honey to the gallon with possible a pound or two for back sweetening - just to retain the full flavour of the buckwheat - and still have enough left over to be able to try a few other recipes as well that include some buckwheat in them.

I'm certainly not going to rush into this, as I don't want to waste a single gramme of this brilliant, if unusual (to me) honey. It's a wonderful opportunity to learn a bit about something that's normally out of my reach (the honey type that is).....

Yet again, I can't thank you enough for the assistance in getting it. Absolutely marvellous.......

Right, off to read up on the differences between the two mead types......

No comments: