Sunday, October 24, 2010

Burbling fool ???

I hope my last two posts don't come across like the burbling of a total fool (ha! they probably do)

If that's the case, I've got an excuse. My friend and colleague Sebastian, is a Polish national. He had a week off on holiday at home with his family last week, but I hadn't seen him this week as his jobs hadn't co-incided with mine.

When I got back to the yard on friday evening, he jumped into my cab as I was reversing into the warehouse and gave me a "present from Poland".......

I wasn't quite sure what to make of it (apart from the nice thought of the gift), as I don't really drink "flavoured" vodka's.

I was a little worried that "Mint Vodka" might taste  like "mouthwash", but it didn't.

It was unusual to drink (I was drinking it neat), but it didn't taste like the mouthwash I'd expected, it also wasn't quite as sweet as I was expecting as I understand that some of these flavoured vodka's can be very sweet.

No, it was good. I wouldn't necessarily try to find some to drink specifically, but if I was given another bottle, I wouldn't hesitate to pop the cap and take a big "schlug" of it.

Thanks to my friend Sebastian. It's all gone now and was much appreciated.

No comments: