Saturday, January 05, 2013

Christmas Pudding flavoured mead ? part 4

Ok, so just tested it to see how it's going. It's testing at 1.064 so between 15 and 20 points drop since wednesday after noon.

Now while I expect it too slow down as it gets further in, it seems to have slowed a little quicker than I'd thought it should, so as I can't find any info about the temperature range for the Gervin GV4(26) yeast there's nothing else for it, the brew belt has gone on, too see what happens.

It could be that the honey is causing a bit of an issue with pH and acid levels, but I don't want to try and test pH, because until I can strain it off the fruit and pud debris, there's too much fat and other fine particulate matter in the batch - I'd rather not disturb it too much at the moment i.e. strain a sample etc to take a pH reading.

I'll leave if for a couple or three days and see what it's like with a little warmth from the brew belt is like.......

No comments: