Sunday, March 02, 2014

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh !

What is it with "some" new makers, who seem to think that just reading instructions, posts, or other guidance, that that is all they have to do to answer questions etc ? I'm thinking of one particular, new contributor - at an unnamed forum. The forum is peopled with users who're brilliant. Some of them have encyclopaedic knowledge about making meads. Not only do they have mega-extensive knowledge of the making, they are some of the most helpful fountains of knowledge I've experienced. Yet this particular n00b, arrives, makes one batch and starts giving it the "know it all" shit. When all it confirms is that this particular prick knows how to read and how to use search ! You've been making meads for 10 fucking minutes ! WTF do you know, other than what you've gleaned from reading other peoples advice, guidance and/or suggestions ? Not a fucking lemon! When you've been making an average of 30 gallons per annum (that means "a year" you naive, whining prick), for 9 or 10 years, with all the added shit that goes with that i.e. sourcing certain ingredients, testing, tasting, measuring etc, then maybe I'll lay off, making corrections - to both your dumb comments, your shitty attitude and your lack of manners/netiquette, in respect of others....... Until then, shut the fuck up. Make some batches. Respect is earned and not yours by right - that's the kind of attitude of a naive, whining kid.......... If you do, per chance, have some hidden expertise, then that's great. Don't make such fatuous comments as is currently the case.... You know who you are..... you complete fuckwit.......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My, quite the blow from the Fatbloke. Kind of like a forced 20,000 liter Explosion Accident up the nose until they learn to breath in the goodness of it all eh? Relax, have a bottle, and let them beat their keyboard in frustration when everyone has them on the block or banned listing!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!!

Fatbloke said...

Yes, fair comment Edwin Money.

It's just that the person that I was alluding to, wants to learn about meads, but doesn't seem to realise that their "know it all" attitude, comes across as offensive.

I, more than many, took time to understand that it doesn't matter how well spelled or punctuated my posts might (try to) be, they're just text and we will take our own inference from them.

It's easily forgotten that visual queues and tone of voice are vvv hard to convey with text.

Whereas this particular person (and yes, there are a few who I speak with, who know this person - including the Admins at Gotmead as I've directed his rudeness/ignorance to them in that scenario), is entitled to a little consideration.

I certainly don't want to be considered as someone prone to bullying. Because that's not the case. Just that all of my examples, suggestions and ideas, are because I've actually tried them - so whether it's encouragement of a particular point, or a warning of possible issues etc, I will have tried and tested it to see if it's worked for me and am happy to try and help people not to repeat my mistakes too - some of them have cost me a lot of money........